Application Deadline April 3, 2020.
Greenville County Soil and Water Conservation District is now taking applications for interns. We are looking for someone who would like to join a leading conservation agency to learn best practices for public outreach and environmental education.
This is a college level internship, that will be available for Spring (Jan-May), Summer (May – August), and Fall (August – December) terms.
Applications are now open for Spring/Summer Internships. Application Deadline is April 3, 2020.
Internship learning opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Experience working for a county government agency
- Education and outreach opportunities and working with community partners
- Developing and presenting campaign materials to an array of stakeholder groups
- Presenting educational materials to classrooms, HOAs, and other civic organizations
- Working at special events to provide hands-on education to participants through interactive booths
- Media relations including print, radio, television, and social media
- Developing graphic design skills with design software, creative branding, and merchandise production
- Planning and implementing give-away promotions
- Event planning and execution
- Creating and evaluating surveys used to gauge audience knowledge on campaigns and messages
- Potential to develop a program based on a concept provided by staff given project parameters, budget, and freedom to develop the project into an implementable venture that can be assessed and used as part of long-term outreach campaigns
All class levels welcome. Recent college graduates may also apply. The Community Outreach Intern will be a part of the education team for GCSWCD.
This is a paid internship, with a max of $12 per hour/30 hours per week. No benefits available. An ambitious and motivated student with a background in communications, the social sciences, or conservation and earth sciences preferred.
- Outgoing personality and the ability approach strangers at events, in parks, and at other venues
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Creativity and organization to produce presentation materials and develop project goals and plans
- Self-starting, focused, and the ability to make judgment decisions in the field
- Ability to work outside of traditional business hours
High school summer internships are also available, non-paid positions.
Application Instructions: Email cover letter, resume, references, and essay response via email or USPS to:
Internship Application (email)
301 University Ridge, Suite 4800
Greenville, SC 29601
Internship Essay Question:
Please explain in fewer than 500 words what you hope to be doing and why the internship is germane to your career goals. Include an explanation as to why you are choosing to explore a particular industry or organization and why this exploration is important to you. Describe your preparation for work in this industry or organization and your readiness to make the most of this internship experience. Explain what you are hoping to learn or gain from this opportunity and how it fits with your academic and professional goals. Include which of our current programs most interests you.
Applications currently open for Spring/Summer 2020.